O+ Blood Donors Needed
Why is your O+ blood is important?
- O+ is the most common blood type, but still very special.
- More people have it, so more people need it to save their lives.
- O+ is the blood type most needed by hospitals.
- If you ever need blood, it can only come from someone else with Type O blood.
- Your type can be given to help people with Type A+, B+, AB+ and O+ blood.
- In Rhode Island, about 140,000 people are eligible to give O+ blood donations each year. But only about 8,000 people actually do.
- It’s critical to have O+ available at all times.
- A little bit of your time can mean a lifetime for someone else!