Rhode Island Blood Center Sweepstakes
Warm someone’s heart and give blood this holiday season. As our thanks for donating during this critical time, all presenting donors from December 1 - January 4 will be entered for a chance to win free cookies for a year!
Schedule an appointment to give blood or platelets and give a gift to someone in need.
Cookies for a year Sweepstakes Official Rules
Rhode Island Blood Center (RIBC) & Connecticut Blood Center (CTBC), divisions of New York Blood Center, Inc. (NYBC) Cookies for a year Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is subject to the following rules:
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
NO DONATION OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
2. DEADLINES: The Sweepstakes starts at 12:01 am on Thursday, December 1, 2022, and ends at 11:59 pm on January 4, 2023 (“Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be made no later than 11:59 pm on January 4, 2023.
3. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: The Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the United States, and the District of Columbia aged 16 years of age or older at the time of entry (entrants under 18 years old need parental consent to accept prize) who register to donate as set out below. An actual donation is not necessary for an individual to be entered into the Sweepstakes. Presenting donors who complete the registration process remain eligible for entry even if they are deferred from donating at that time. Employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and distributors of RIBC/CTBC and/or their immediate family members or members of their households are not eligible to participate. All entrants must have a valid address and phone number. RIBC/CTBC may require proof of identity. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Neither RIBC/CTBC nor any of its officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives is responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, misdirected or illegible entries. RIBC/CTBC reserves the right to disqualify any individual whom it determines and/ or deems to be tampering with or improperly affecting the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes. Non-compliance with any rule, requirement or mandatory procedure herein may, at the sole discretion of RIBC/CTBC, result in disqualification. RIBC/CTBC reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes in its sole discretion as it may deem appropriate. RIBC/CTBC also reserves the right in its sole discretion to conduct a random drawing at any time to select a winner using all eligible and valid entries received as of the date of the random drawing.
4. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: To enter this Sweepstakes and become eligible for one grand prize, the following must be met: Present to donate blood, plasma or platelets at least once at an RIBC/CTBC blood donation center or mobile drive between December 1, 2022, and January 4, 2023.
5. ENTRY FREQUENCY: Each donation during the specified timeframe counts as one entry in the drawing.
6. PRIZE DRAWING: One (1) Cookies for a year winners will be selected in a random drawing by January 9, 2023, from all RIBC/CTBC eligible donation centers and mobile drives. The winners will be notified by telephone and/or email (which must be provided during the registration process), at RIBC’s/CTBC’s discretion. The prize may be claimed by, and will be awarded only to, the individual identified on the donor entry registration form. The winners will be required to complete and return a prize acceptance and release, liability release and consent to use winner’s name and likeness without further compensation, except as prohibited by law. The award of the prize is conditioned upon the winner’s acceptance of the terms in the foregoing release. Such release must be received within five (5) business days of notification. Any selected entrant who cannot be contacted (or who fails to respond to any telephone message or email sent to such selected entrant) within three (3) days of the first attempt to contact such selected entrant, or who does not accept the prize, or who does not submit the required release in a timely manner, may be declared ineligible, and the RIBC reserves the right, in such event, in its sole discretion, to select an alternate winner at random from among all remaining eligible entrants.
7. PRIZE DESCRIPTION: Cookies for a year Sweepstakes with one (1) winner randomly selected. (Prize is subject to availability. No cash value. Non-transferable.)
One (1) Prize:
Cookies for a year – Mrs. Fields Two Dozen Tin of Cookies every month for a year.
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of $1,000.00
Any stated difference between the ARV and the actual value of the Prize, or any substituted prize, will not be awarded. The prize consists of only the items specifically listed in these Official Rules and any other expenses not specified herein as being awarded are the sole responsibility of the winner. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. The prize may not be sold for cash or other remuneration.
8. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Winners must take prize package without any alterations.
9. PRIZE ACCEPTANCE: The prize holds no cash value and cannot be substituted, exchanged or transferred for any other prize or award. Limit one prize per winner. All applicable federal, state and local taxes or expenses other than those expressly set out in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner is responsible to determine if they may accept the prize. RIBC / CTBC agrees to abide by any corporate policy with respect to the awarding of prizes to employees of its customers, and will not intervene in this decision, and reserves the right to select another eligible entrant if the Winner cannot accept the prize offered. No substitution or cash redemption is allowed except by RIBC / CTBC, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All prize details are at the sole discretion of RIBC / CTBC. The return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable or a determination that a winner was ineligible to win will result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate eligible entrant. RIBC / CTBC reserves the right to terminate, withdraw, or amend the Sweepstakes for any reason without notice, including, without limitation, voiding any entries of issue and/or terminating the Sweepstakes if RIBC / CTBC suspects that tampering has occurred.
10. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, all entrants agree (a) to release, indemnify and hold harmless RIBC, and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, and agents (“Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all losses, damages, injuries, claims, suits and causes of action related to or arising out of the use of prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes activity. The Indemnified Parties are not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize. Except as prohibited by law, each participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in the State of Rhode Island, as applicable, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits (collectively, “Special Damages”) may be awarded; and (4) participant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Rhode Island state law, without reference to Rhode Island choice of law rules, governs the Sweepstakes and all aspects related thereto. The Sweepstakes is subject to any requirements, revisions and/or limitations imposed by applicable federal, state or local law. Void where prohibited.
11. WINNER’S LIST: For a complete list of winner(s), send an email to
Riley.Medeiros@ribc.org before January 31, 2023, to Rhode Island Blood Center/Connecticut Blood Center, titled “Cookies For a Year Sweepstakes - Winners List.”
12. Rhode Island Blood Center/Connecticut Blood Center name and logo are registered trademarks of New York Blood Center, Inc.