February Donor Referral Program
- The number of new blood donors has been declining. There were 3,000 fewer visits last year than the year before.
- People are more likely to become a blood donor if they are personally asked to try.
So we’re asking you – the ones who already save lives – to personally ask your friends, family, or co-workers who have never given blood to donate with you!
How it works:
- An existing Rhode Island Blood Center donor donates at any of our six donor centers in February with a brand new first-time blood donor.
- Both the existing donor and brand new donor books their next appointments to donate at the time of their February donation.
- Each will receive a $20 gift card of their choice to either Chelo’s or Amazon on the spot!
When you arrive together to donate, mention you are giving for the donor referral program. This is an exclusive program at our six centers in February only.
Appointments strongly encouraged, but walk-ins are welcome!
If you have questions about the program, please call our donor scheduling team at 401-453-8307.
If you have questions about eligibility to donate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401-453-8307.