For the best possible donation experience, please prepare for your donation!
- All donors must be feeling well and healthy on the day of donation and be in good overall health. You can donate on most medications and with various medical conditions. More facts of blood donation and common questions.
Donors over 17 years of age. There is no upper age limit to donating blood or platelets!
- To donate a pint of whole blood or platelets
- Men and women must weigh 110 pounds or more
- There is no height requirement
- To donate double red cells by apheresis
- Men donating red cells must weigh 130 pounds and be at least 5' 1"
- Women donating red cells must weigh 150 pounds and be at least 5' 3"
- You can donate blood or platelets with a parent's permission and must have a signed permission slip.
English parental permission slip.
Spanish parental permission slip.
- You must weigh 130 pounds or more.
Safety of both our blood donors and those who need transfusions is of the utmost importance. Here are some reasons why you cannot donate:
- You are pregnant
- You are currently taking antibiotics for infection
- You have cold or flu symptoms
- You have had hepatitis B or C
- You have any sexually transmitted diseases
More frequently asked questions & facts about blood donation.