Connecticut Blood Center
Connecticut Blood Center is operated by Rhode Island Blood Center, a division of New York Blood Center Enterprises, a network of centers across the U.S. with over 50 years of experience. We are the primary supplier of more than 50,000 blood products annually to over a dozen Connecticut Hospitals.
Our new location will be at 820 Washington Street Suite 856 in Middletown Plaza. We are happy to announce that our official opening date is October 27! Click the link below and make your appointment to be one of the first to donate at our brand new facility.
Covid-19 Eligibility — Please do not present to donate if:
- You have a fever or other symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing.
- You've had close contact with someone diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19 in the last 14 days. Close contact is defined by CDC as being within 6 feet of an infected individual for a prolonged period of time.
- You have been diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19 until 14 days after your illness has resolved.
Yes, you can donate if you've received the Covid-19 vaccine!
We do NOT test for COVID-19. Please contact your health care provider if you want to be tested.
All donors must be feeling well and healthy on the day of donation and be in good overall health. You can donate on most medications and with various medical conditions.
More elibility FAQ's.
When in doubt, contact our eligibility team:
For donors 17+ years of age:
- Men and woman donating weigh 110 pounds
- There is no height requirement
- There's no upper age limit for donating
For the best possible experience, please prepare for your donation! Here are some tips to make sure you're ready:
- Drink lots of healthy fluids (water, juice, non-caffeinated beverages)
- Have a salty snack
- Eat regular meals
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep
- Bring your ID
- Wear practical clothing for easy access to your arm