Flexible, reliable, customer focused.
Rhode Island Blood Center's state-of-the-art laboratory has a reputation for quality results, a flexible test menu, commitment to excellence and outstanding customer service.
The laboratory is equipped with multiple redundant instruments and equipment to minimize downtime and maximize rapid turnaround times.
Donor Testing Menu
VIRAL MARKER TESTING – ABBOTT PRISM
- HBc Total – Antibody to Hepatitis B Virus Core Antigen
- HBsAg – Antibody to Hepatitis B Surface Antigen
- HCV – Antibody to Hepatitis C Virus Encoded Antigen
- HTLV I & II – Antibodies to Human T-Cell Lymphotropic Virus Types I & II
- HIV 1 & 2 – Antibody to Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 & 2 (Group 0)
- Chagas – Antibody to T. cruzi
NUCLEIC ACID TESTING – GRIFOLS TIGRIS/PANTHER
- PROCLEIX ULTRIO PLUS - HIV-1, HCV & HBV
- PROCLEIX WNV – West Nile Virus
- PROCLEIX – Babesia (IND)
- PROCLEIX - Zika
ABO AND SEROLOGY - BECKMAN COULTER PK7300 and BIORAD TANGO
- BLOOD GROUPING
- Syphilis Antibody
- Atypical RBC Antibody screening
- Rh & Kell Phenotyping
- Sickle Cell Screens
- CMV Antibody
- Residual white cell counts by flow cytometer
- DISCRIMINATORY NAT TESTS
- HBsAg NEUTRALIZATION
- Others Upon Request
Highly Competent Testing Staff equals High Quality Results
Testing staff are licensed by the State of Rhode Island
EASE OF SPECIMEN TRANSPORTATION
Providence, Rhode Island is a transportation hub that is readily accessible by car, bus, rail, or air. Transportation of specimens to the Rhode Island Blood Center is less weather dependent and more budget friendly than shipping samples outside of New England.
Our business relationship with several local courier services offers you extremely low rates for shipping your donor samples to us. We arrange and manage the courier pickup schedule and bill you directly from the Rhode Island Blood Center. We pass our volume discounts on to our testing customers.
- Less than 24 hour turnaround time from sample receipt to results reported.
- Donor test results by Network Transfer via FTP files.
For questions regarding services, testing or pricing provided by the Donor Testing Laboratory, please call the Client Services Supervisor at 401-248-5704 or contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rhode Island Blood Center and its Laboratories are licensed by the Food and Drug Administration under License #1786 to collect, prepare, store, distribute, and test blood components. We are accredited by CLIA (#41D0670559) and AABB and licensed by the State of Rhode Island, License #LCI00150. View all licenses