With the generous support of volunteer blood donors and the community, the Rhode Island Blood Center has developed an industry leading blood collection program. We provide a complete inventory of blood products to hospitals in Rhode Island and throughout Southern New England. For more information about our products and how we can be of service to your organization, contact a Hospital Services Representative.
- Leukocyte Reduced Red Blood Cells (Babesia screened if requested)
- Leukocyte Reduced Apheresis Platelets*
- Pathogen Reduced Platelets
- Fresh Frozen Plasma (8 hour FFP)
- Pooled Cryoprecipitate (pools of 5)
- Cryoprecipitate Reduced Plasma
*Large Volume Delayed Sampling (LVDS) used for bacterial detection.
- Washed and Deglycerolized Products
- CMV Negative Products
- Factor Concentrate BioCARE Derivatives
- Short and Long Term Blood Product Contracts
- Hours of operation are 24 hours/day, 365 days/year, including all holidays.
Based on your organization's needs, the Rhode Island Blood Center is able to provide you with the following transportation methods:
- Blood Center drivers and various local courier services
- Door-to-door delivery
- Various air transportation
- Overnight delivery
Blood Resource Sharing
The Rhode Island Blood Center participates in national resource sharing programs through the National Blood Exchange and Blood Centers of America. These programs allow our blood center to ship and/or receive blood components to maintain optimal blood supplies at all times.
Research and Diagnostics
Rhode Island Blood Center provides the following blood products for life-saving research and diagnostic use.
- Whole Blood
- Leukoreduced Red Blood Cells
- Leukoreduced Whole Blood Platelet Concentrate
- Frozen Plasma
- Recovered Frozen and/or Liquid Plasma
- Cryoprecipitated AHF
- Pooled Cryoprecipitate
- Plasma Cryoprecipitate Reduced
- Buffy Coats
- Aliquots of plasma or serum
- Pooled off the clot Serum
- Pooled Plasma
- Whole Blood sample tube
- Serum sample tube
- Apheresis filters containing Leukocytes (LRS chambers)
- Whole blood filters containing Leukocytes
- Infectious disease, Reference, and/or HLA Testing
Product Modifications or Attributes Available
Large sub inventory of antigen negative red blood cells Irradiation Services CMV negative.
Rhode Island Blood Center is a distribution site for BioCARE derivatives.
Email: Inventory Coordinators (Inventorycoordinators@ribc.org)